The DIT, Department for International Trade, just share with us news regarding Border Operating Model.
The UK Government has published an updated version of the Border Operating Model, which provides more detail on how the GB-EU border will work, and the actions that traders, hauliers and passengers need to take. You can find the updated Border Operating Model on Gov.uk.
Key updates include:
- The requirement for passports for entry into the UK from October 2021
- The Kent Access Permit
- Requirements under Entry In Declarant’s Records (EIDR)
- SPS checks
- Information on chemicals, gases, timber and pesticides
- Process maps, and locations of border infrastructure
- The Goods Movement Vehicle Service (GVMS)
- The ‘Check an HGV is ready to cross the border’ service
- Passenger policies
- Requirements on the rail and aviation sectors
- Advice on EU requirements
If you have any questions regarding the updated Border Operating Model, the DIT France Director, Ilaria Regondi, is holding a LinkedIn Q&A.